Monday, November 21, 2016

Thanksgiving Message


I woke up on Sunday feeling extreme gratitude. My warm bed, blankets wrapped around my body, the cool whisper of the wind on the glass. I reached for my bottle of water as I usually do upon my first moments out of bed. Stretching as I walked to our living room peering out at the hills before me. Cold dreary day, so mystical and alluring. I smiled to myself thinking, life is good.

I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming thanks for what I have. The small quiet moments that I have to myself that go undisturbed. The ability to unfold my day as I please...

This is what I'm thankful for. It's this freedom that comes with knowing you are able to do most anything. Wars have been fought for this, and time has changed us into the society we are today and its ever changing.

 The flow of water through the spout of the shower, warmth trickling over and sweet aromas of soap that fill the room. I'm content to believe that God has created man to bring a little heaven on earth.

It would be good if we could take this time to look at all we have, the people in our lives who inspire us, the efforts that go into making our job work flow. The health we strive to achieve by eating healthy and working out at the gym or my personal favorite, being in the great outdoors.

No matter where you are in this moment one thing is true. You are capable of reading this, you can breath and your heart is beating, and damn that's a good feeling.

This is going to sound odd, but I'm thankful for heart break. I'm so very thankful that I can feel and come out stronger on the other side. I'm thankful for patience and a clear mind that was once very cloudy and cluttered with chaos. That gut feeling that brings clarity, I would have not known or trusted more than I do now if it were not for heartbreak. I have gained so much grace from those moments and I'm thankful for who I am now. Everyone goes through this and if we use it in a positive way we will only attract more wonderful things into our futures. That is my wish for you.

Planes, you will forever be one of the best creations in my book. =) They have connected me to different worlds, cultures, energies and most of all people. I'm so addicted to the inspiration I draw out of others as I land from place to place. From the woman helping me board to the man at the cash register at the convenience store at the airport. The moment of take off I think about the brilliant minds that went into making this moment possible. The fact that I can fall asleep and then wake up in another country is but a dream. Flying alone is my favorite, its an escape I crave and an opportunity to test my minds endurance to change; it also makes for some interesting blog posts!

Blogs, this is a no brainer! Ever since I was a little girl I loved to write stories and take my mind to an imaginary place. Who would have known that one day I would have the possibility to write and share my thoughts, ideas and dreams with an audience that stretches around the globe? Being able to tap into my deepest thoughts and emotions is at the heart of my being, its who I am and the more I speak through my heart the more whole I feel.

I honestly could go on and on about things I am thankful for, I'm sure you don't want to see a 50 page blog post. =)

In these moments I invite you as the week unfolds to be thankful. To look inward and outward at things that shape you, your qualities and quirks. The people in your lives that remain, or those who have passed who now surround you. Share a meal, a glass of wine an embrace. But most importantly, remain present in the moment and really listen to those around you. Make the most of the time you have.

Much love to you my friends and remember to always smile.














No comments:

Post a Comment