Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Luck or Positive thinking?

"She is so lucky, all these good things happen to her all the time, best vacation, best boyfriend, best perks, she's got it all!"



I bet you have these friends right? The one's who seem to draw in the best of the best and constantly have exciting and full-filling items on their calendar. Well lucky them right? But is it really luck, or is it due to a positive outlook on life and the law of attraction which draws only good things his/her way?

I'm not talking about those who win the lotto, to me personally that is luck. I'm talking about the people we meet or see in our news feed that are getting the most out of life.  I like to call this positive influence. While some people may be down in the dumps and wonder why terrible things continue to occur, it could possibly be due to the recognition that we give these items and the power these feelings have to breed more of the same thing. When we give attention to the negative we send out this message to the universe and our minds start to alert us to more negative factors and so begins the downward spiral.

Usually I give a personal example, but I'm going to pass on this one because I'm on an upward shift and I don't want to take my brain into a past negative event because that is not the right approach.=)

 Since I'm a total quote freak I'd like to share a few with you that I hope you can resonate with.

"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can't be done" - Bo Bennett

"To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all" - Peter McWilliams

I'm a firm believer in taking chances and not being afraid. Fear can be exciting and taking a risk can send those adrenaline chemicals into a happy dance. So while I may not be seen sky diving, I will do other crazy things that most people may think twice about and I always live in the moment. What risky thing have you done lately?

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are" - Anais Nin

Getting stuck in our own mind can often be tricky and it's definitely a challenge to re-train the mind when we are frustrated and things seem completely unfair...I don't like the way I worded that.

Getting stuck in our own mind is a common paradox that can be altered with practice to see things for what they are in acceptance and appreciation for items which we can control and for that we are grateful!

Boom! I just re-trained my thoughts right before your reading eyes! =) You can too!



I come from a family of realist and sometimes pessimistic ideology but there is a fire inside me that has always wanted to break free. I have also made certain to surround myself with positive people who exude confidence or those who are seeking to find a brighter side to life. If I can assist those in need of a positive outlook then that feeds my positivity. If I can take someone's negative thoughts and ideas and contradict them with positive theories and turn many leafs then I will never break down.

I had a conversation with someone who was completely low, we steered the conversation into a positive mode and he found himself finally saying "I can" instead of "I can't." He was wallowing and giving attention to things he could not do. Instead I told him, "Well what CAN you do?" We focused on strengths and talked as much about those strengths as possible. I certainly hope he is feeling better about himself, as he should!

Sending out the warm vibes to all and remember to live here & now. Create the moments you want to see and focus on all that you wish to achieve! You too can be the "lucky" one, so go out there and create it for yourself, be magical! I believe in you. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment